Welcome

Hi, my name is Jessi and I'm an independent musician in the NYC area. I also write articles for Urban Folk magazine, design web pages, create fliers, and do various other music and technology related tasks. Please visit my Indie Music Resources blog for more. Meanwhile, Drawing Pretty Things is my big, giant archive for all things Jessi (in blog form).

7.09.2007

LC Music Festival: Day Three Recap

Sorry this took so long guys. I needed a little vacation after the LC Fest.

The Friday show could not have gone smoother. Everyone sounded amazing, and the night flowed seamlessly. This was a night with a lot of friends and artists that have been involved in Local Correspondents from the start, plus a few newer people that play frequently at Matchless and Bar4. One of the things I really appreciated is how many performers came early and stayed late. It really shows how supportive a community LC has become. This was the longest night, with fourteen performers but it flew by for me. I was excited to see old friends like Keith Varick and Joe Wilson. And I have to say Olga (Bell) deserves huge thanks for coming out and playing late after she spent the day moving.

Thanks to everyone who made this night possible:

Performers: Peter Inc, Keith Varick, Sami Akbari, Joe Wilson, Sean Han, Red Orange Morning, Zach Williams, Daniel Wayne, Matt Cranstoun, The Reverend John DeLore (& Kara, Aya, Steve), Bell, Mark Yodice, Austin Donahue, FK Ridge

Larry, Ted, and Peter: Thank you again for welcoming and supporting all the musicians and artists in your lovely venues.

Tanya: The hardest working woman in Music! You always point out the new people that I should pay attention to. You have a great ear for music.

Niko: Amazing sound as always!

Greg: My musical genius.



No comments: