Welcome

Hi, my name is Jessi and I'm an independent musician in the NYC area. I also write articles for Urban Folk magazine, design web pages, create fliers, and do various other music and technology related tasks. Please visit my Indie Music Resources blog for more. Meanwhile, Drawing Pretty Things is my big, giant archive for all things Jessi (in blog form).

6.29.2007

LC Music Festival: Day Two Recap

I want LC Festival t-shirts. This is indeed a music festival and Day Two surpassed everyone's expectation. At times, the place was so packed you could hardly find a place to stand. There were some unexpected treats, like Here Lies Pa putting in a full band appearance, Kevin Johnston breaking out the trombone, and Lowry fitting all six members on stage and sounding like pure gold. It was fun to see people within the group collaborating, like Tanya Buziak singing on a David Shane Smith song, Matt Cranstoun playing the drums for Tanya, Greg playing guitar with Ivan Sandomire. AND I finally got to hear God Fires Man play!

I feel the momentum building and am excited for what the next two days will bring. It was so exciting to be a part of the events last night. I feel so proud of everyone and am impressed with how great Bar4 sounds, and the possibilities for having full bands play.

Again, love to the following people:

Performers: Matthew Peverly, Here Lies Pa, Willie Breeding, David Shane Smith, Takenobu, Lowry, Kevin Johnston / Adios Esposito, Owen McCarthy, Tanya Buziak, Ivan Sandomire, Frank Hoier, Debe Dalton, God Fires Man (acoustic).

Larry, Ted, and Peter: Your place is awesome! I can't wait to do a full set myself. It's such a great venue and the artists and neighborhood will benefit greatly because of your efforts.

Tanya: You help keep everything running smooth each night. You sounded amazing and you made all the performers feel at home.

Niko: The King of Live Sound. That is what I shall dub you Niko. You worked so hard last night. Somehow navigating through the crowd and keeping everything together.

Greg: Always in it for the long haul. You are my favorite guitarist, bartender, and roommate.





No comments: