Welcome

Hi, my name is Jessi and I'm an independent musician in the NYC area. I also write articles for Urban Folk magazine, design web pages, create fliers, and do various other music and technology related tasks. Please visit my Indie Music Resources blog for more. Meanwhile, Drawing Pretty Things is my big, giant archive for all things Jessi (in blog form).

6.28.2007

LC Music Festival: Day One Recap

Day One

Last night was the first evening of the 1st Annual Local Correspondents Music Festival and New Bar4 Party. I actually think it was the best night of my life, and can only look forward to the next three days with boundless anticipation. All the artists that performed were exceptionally talented. Tanya and I talked after the show, about how if people would have told us two years ago that these artists would be our friends, peers, and part of our urban family... we'd never believe it.

There was such a warm and welcoming vibe in the room last night, and even when people came in for a drink rather than the festival, they entered into the spirit of the night. Bar4 is so different now with brick walls exposed, the stage area extended, higher ceilings, and the lovely piano. But one thing that hasn't changed is the relaxed atmosphere and friendly people.

13 artists performed yesterday, and we stayed absolutely on schedule and ended the night on time. That has got to be the first time ever in history that an event involving musicians ended on time. I was not only delighted with everyone's stunning performances, but I was proud of everyone's courteous behavior.

By the end of the evening I was just beaming. Tonight is another ridiculously stellar line-up and I'm already getting excited to see everyone perform! For a full list of artists, check out www.localcorrespondents.com!

Shout Outs:

Performers: Many thanks to Jamie Rae, Michael Wagner, Merrady (& Gene Back), MaryEllen DeVaux, Well-Enough Folk Band (Helen, Tom, & Tanya), Tarrah Reynolds, Johnny Marnell, Heidi Sidelinker, The Human Problem, John Simonelli, Jonah Bleicher, and Rob of No Lindsay. You all blew me away last night. You are at the heart of the LC Community and you made our first night a resounding success!

Larry, Ted, and Peter: Thank you for creating this beautiful Brooklyn venue and for welcoming artists and musicians in your establishments. Your support and encouragement has blessed me in so many ways.

Tanya: I have so much admiration and respect for you. None of this would be happening right now if not for the energy and hard work you've invested tirelessly in the open mic nights and LC showcases.

Niko: You are the best sound engineer ever! You made this whole night run like clockwork.

Greg: Thank you for only letting me have one adult beverage per hour, for playing an awesome set with me, and for coming up with the great idea to have live music showcases at Bar4.

LC Team (Larry, Tanya, Greg): You should be so proud of what you've accomplished.

My loyal readers: Sorry, I realize this is all gushy and sentimental. But last night literally rocked my world and props are in order. Come out tonight and you'll know exactly what I mean.

No comments: