Welcome

Hi, my name is Jessi and I'm an independent musician in the NYC area. I also write articles for Urban Folk magazine, design web pages, create fliers, and do various other music and technology related tasks. Please visit my Indie Music Resources blog for more. Meanwhile, Drawing Pretty Things is my big, giant archive for all things Jessi (in blog form).

6.25.2007

Jessi's in Indie Sounds NY

Indie Sounds NY focuses on independent musicians in the NYC area. I was recently asked to answer "Five Vital Questions" in Issue 24, July 2007.

Here are my answers:


"Five Vital Questions for... Jessi Robertson"

Indie Sounds: Do you tell lies?
Jessi Robertson: Only when necessary to protect someone's fragile ego. Also, if you are lame.


IS: Who would be in your dream band?
Jessi: Definitely all the guys from Seems So Bright ... if only I could get rid of their singer. Damn you, Michael Simone!


IS: Your favorite stimulant?
Jessi: Whiskey, hands down. Diet Coke is a close second. Or mix them together! Yum!


IS: How do you make a million dollars playing folk music?
Jessi: Probably a combination of folk music and whoring.


IS: Your candidate for the next president?
Jessi: Steve Jobs. I bet the guy that came up with iPods can make the U.S. cool again.

Catch Jessi performing solo or with her band Asher, are you drawing pretty things?
Jessi continues to take an active part in the Local Correspondents collective.


Web: www.asherareyou.com
MySpace: asherareyou


Questions: Mistress Tessa Perry,
www.tessaperry.com


Categories: , , , , , ,

No comments: